Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Back to Video Games

Audience, I've done it!

I have completed my Decode Montreal programming boot camp! HORRAY!! Ah, it feels great to be done.

The last two weeks were stressful, to say the least. Surprisingly, it wasn't the code that cause most of the stress, it was having to work with people seven days a week in the same room for seven days. I am more introverted than that. I'm fine working on a team, but I need a weekend where I don't see any of them. Being around the same people eight days a week, if you catch my drift, is too much.

Fortunately, my extroverted teammates were willing to have a group meeting to discuss this stress. We worked past it and created a great final project. It was an administrator dashboard for a company called Dialogue. Basically it is a web app that allows their customer's HR managers to better manage their healthcare plans and employees.

You can see a video of the web app in action by clicking here. I highly recommend putting some music on in the background, more enjoyable that way. Blinded By The Light is my choice.

Anyways, what this means is that I am applying for jobs once more but also creating little coding projects and learning new skills along the way. I'm able to clean my apartment regularly again, spend time with family and friends, and cuddle with my adorable kitty Rogue once more. Ah, so wonderful!

I'm also playing with my look a bit. This is primarily due to my hair dryer, of over a decade, dying a few days ago. So, in order to add some fluffy volume, it's pin curls time! With bobby pins of course. Fortunately for me, I really like the outcome, even if they fall due to humidity I still have a nice bouncy wave going on. Blaise is pretty keen on them too.

Yup, bobby pins did this
So, you could say that while a lot has changed recently in my life, a lot is still going on. Admist all this controlled chaos, I'm back to doing my favorite hobby, video games.

I missed video games so much. Just sitting at HAL, my desktop, for hours murdering splicers in BioShock or pairing up couples in Kitty Powers' Match Maker. Animal Crossing kept me company on my DS but even that had time limits.

Now it's time to pour some hot chocolate, put on my slippers, and relax with some Fallout 4. It's back to video games audience!

No comments :

Post a Comment